maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject CALL TO CONTRIBUTION: dist tooling
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:23:01 GMT
I just did some checks in our distribution area [1] and found a good number of
missing releases
In addition to asking committers to remember our procedure [2] (and ask for
PMC help if necessary) , I just thought it would be good to have a little tool
to check against latest artifact releases: with a little config file giving
groupId:artifactId and directory in dist, it could check if latest version
from central metadata [3] is actually published in dist and warn if not.

This is a first step, since a lot more help can be added later, I have a good
number of ideas (download the new release, propose svn commands to remove old
releases and add new ones, check consistency with site, ...)

But I don't want to code it right now and prefer concentrate working on maven-
site-plugin, dependency:tree and so on related le future Maven version.

I thought this could be a good opportunity for someone to do somthing without
having to learn too much on existing code.

Is there anybody interested?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/maven/

[2] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-
procedure.html#Copy_the_source_release_to_the_Apache_Distribution_Area

[3] http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/reporting/maven-
reporting-exec/maven-metadata.xml