maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: maven 3.1.0-alpha-1 adoption feedback
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:37:46 GMT
Le vendredi 19 avril 2013 15:17:44 Stuart McCulloch a écrit :
> > The other change which breaks tycho is aether moved to the org.eclipse
> > package namespace. Looks like for aether users it's a simple "organize
> > imports"; no API changes other than package rename, right? As there seems
> > to be no compatibility layer for aether, this means the new tycho version
> > will have to require at least maven 3.1
> The approach taken by Hervé in the maven-site-plugin (actually in the shared
> maven-report-exec component) and the maven-dependency-plugin code was to
> abstract out their particular use of Aether into two class files (one for
> the old API, one for the new API), build against both libraries, and then
> use reflection to select the appropriate class file at runtime.
if you detect the Aether version by detecting a class of aether-api like I did
[1], one not so obvious point is that aether-api (both from Sonatype and from
Eclipse) must be marked optional

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-reporting-
exec/xref/org/apache/maven/reporting/exec/DefaultMavenPluginManagerHelper.html#102