maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Jensen <jeffjen...@upstairstechnology.com>
Subject Re: Multi-project releases
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:00:28 GMT
I am not aware of a Maven feature to fully ignore them other than -N with
the tag caveat.  When I've done what you asked, I did not miss a Maven
feature to do so.  You could temporarily move the module dirs or release
the parent in a new location without the modules (-N is still your friend
to accomplish that so Maven does not try to process the listed modules).
 Depending how you release (e.g. manually, via CI job), having a release
area separate from the dev area is a good idea anyway to prevent hassles
with your dev work (while release plugin prevents releasing with
uncommitted work, it's nice to not have to worry about *anything* by
performing release in a clean area - a release CI job or separate local
checkout).