maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow on the mac ?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:22:03 GMT
Based on just repeated by-hand runs of ArgLineIT project from surefire
I see the diff below.

(The linux box is fearsome in terms of both CPU speed and SSD
performance; I don't expect apple to match that)

It would seem like most of the plugins run 100ms slower on the mac,
which would seem to account for about half the performance loss. When
running the actual surefire IT's it also unpacks the test project to
disk first, which might account for some of the other half.

I think this needs a little further digging ;)

Kristian

Linux:
  process-resources 272ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5
(default-resources) 271ms
  compile 152ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1 (default-compile) 152ms
  process-test-resources 3ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5
(default-testResources) 3ms
  test-compile 10ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1
(default-testCompile) 10ms
  test 342ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.14 (default-test) 342ms
  package 93ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.3.2 (default-jar) 93ms

Mac:
  process-resources 393ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5
(default-resources) 393ms
  compile 204ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1 (default-compile) 204ms
  process-test-resources 5ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5
(default-testResources) 4ms
  test-compile 16ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1
(default-testCompile) 16ms
  test 424ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.14 (default-test) 424ms
  package 143ms
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.3.2 (default-jar) 143ms