maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The next major release of Maven: 4.0.0
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:01:52 GMT
I have no more time to spend on maven sadly.
I pushed here some things I would like to see in a new major version
https://gist.github.com/olamy/5081375
And for sure as an end user I have really nothing to do about SLF4J,
aether, Guice or any other component used within the product.
I understand very well that we have a debt, and we'll need to pay it.
We need to renew our stack and a part of code that didn't evolved a lot
especially if we want to address some features I listed but don't tell me
that you will do a Maven 4=3+ with only some internal changes and no/few
users related improvements.
I really don't like Gradle and others projects like these where you are
quickly writing a project dedicated to the build inside your dev project
just to create a war, jar because in the major part of them it is useless.
But I may really understand people switching to such tool just because they
are seeing no future in Maven itself.
Let's be clear, there is no personal attack and all of us are probably
responsible to where we are nowadays but that's sad.
I won't spend more time to reply, as I said I cannot any more.
I wish you good luck

Cheers,

--
-----