maven-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Markin <dron...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven checkstyle plugin. No html report when failOnError = true.
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 06:33:28 GMT
Hi All,

I've got difficulties with setting up maven checkstyle plugin.
I've been googling a lot and at the end I see that I need an advice from
experts.

If it's not the right address to ask such questions please direct me to the
right please and sorry for inconvenience.

Problem:
I need checkstyle to be integrated in my build process. I did this (this is
info how to do this). It's not that difficult.

I also need build to fail in case of checkstyle errors. OK, there is
failOnError property.
But when failOnError = true I won't get an html report from checkstyle.
It's very very inconvenient.

How can I have failed build and html report at the same time?

I really think that it should be done some how and current behavior is
strange.

PS: I also posted this question on StackOverflow but no answers:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15405142/maven-checkstyle-plugin-how-to-get-an-html-report-and-fail-build-at-the-same-ti

Kind regards,
Andrey