maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Maven Core IT failures with Eclipse Aether
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:38:47 GMT
Hervé,

I don't see any adjustment in the ITs for the site/dependency plugin. I'm going to cut the
release today if I can so are you fine with the release? If you're fine I'm fine because I
haven't tried the site or dependency plugin.

On Mar 27, 2013, at 3:10 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:

> I just fixed
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-683 /
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-280
>
> Any tests from others are welcome
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mardi 19 mars 2013 01:49:08 Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>> I just had a look at the failures: they are caused by
>> DefaultMavenReportExecutor using Sonatype Aether ExclusionsDependencyFilter
>> [1] for MavenPluginManager.setupPluginRealm(...) API call [2] which is
>> affected by switching to Eclipse Aether
>>

>> We will need some tweaks in maven-reporting-exec to detect Eclipse Aether,
>> then a new maven-site-plugin version
>>
>> I will create Jira entries tomorrow to track the issue and work on a fix.
>>
>> IMHO, this doesn't require Maven 4.0: 3.1 is really fine for end users
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>

>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-reporting-
>> exec/xref/org/apache/maven/reporting/exec/DefaultMavenReportExecutor.html#12
>> 8
>>
>> [2] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-reporting-
>> exec/xref/org/apache/maven/reporting/exec/DefaultMavenReportExecutor.html#26
>> 7
>> Le lundi 18 mars 2013 13:29:12 Jason van Zyl a écrit :
>>> In the ITs I have changed the ranges to accommodate these ITs not running
>>> with Eclipse Aether:
>>>
>>> MavenITmng3743ForkWithPluginManagementTest: Site plugin
>>> MavenITmng3703ExecutionProjectWithRelativePathsTest: Site plugin
>>> MavenITmng3684BuildPluginParameterTest: Site plugin
>>> MavenITmng3372DirectInvocationOfPluginsTest: dependency:tree used directly
>>> MavenITmng5019StringBasedCompLookupFromChildPluginRealmTest: Site plugin
>>>
>>> So I would consider this fairly major which is why I'm arguing for 4.0.0.
>>> These may not be trivial things to fix and we probably can't predict when
>>> things like the Site, Dependency, and Shade plugin will be updated.
>>>
>>> The ITs run with these changes and I will proceed to merge the Eclipse
>>> Aether branch into master.

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jason

>>> Jason van Zyl
>>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance