maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Releasing 3.1.0
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:05:36 GMT
As I posted previously I would like to do the 3.1.0 release but I don't want to do the work
of isolating SLF4J until it's shown that it will be a problem. I don't the believe the adoption
of 3.1.0 is going to be so quick that we can't create a fix if necessary. I would rather do
the release in a lean style and not do work for theoretical problems.

In full disclosure I have a release of Tesla I want to make and I already have JSR330, SLF4J/Logback,
and Eclipse Aether integrated so I would like to try and help get the JSR330, SLF4J out the
door and then get Eclipse Aether integrated.

If anyone feels strongly about trying to create the SLF4J isolation and is going to start
the work to do it shortly there's no harm in waiting. But I would prefer to start getting
the 3.1.0 release out the door, get some feedback and adjust if necessary.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)