maven-dev mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Testing [Vote] plugins?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:54:46 GMT
2013/2/6 James Nord (jnord) <jnord@cisco.com>

> > If these are being released into Central - then they *will* never change.
> > They are Golden.
>
> > Prior to getting their, e.g. during the voting process, these jars are
> released
> > into a staging area.
> > You are invited to try those jars from the staging area to ensure they
> dont
> > have regression issues etc.
>
> That's what I would like to do.
>
> > If you do this then you generally delete your local m2 cache
> > (~/.m2/repository) or you use a new settings.xml file that points to a
> > different location.
>
> Meanwhile these are in all the caches of the MRMs and it needs more work
> than would ideally be needed (if you want to widen testing to more of the
> community)

If you use a good and correctly configured MRM, this should actually be a
non issue.
By correctly configured, for example, I mean that staging areas should
NEVER be put behing your global corporate (or any, btw) proxy repo.
Adding staging to repositories for a build should always require a manually
operation (for example manually activating a profile, at least).

People using staged releases should know this is something quite special.
If the vote fails, you just have to wipe out your local repository and
you're done.

Cheers

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor ! nbsp;!