maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: Desupport Maven 1
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:56:06 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Gary Gregory <> wrote:
> We've had similar discussion @Commons about a topic like this one. My view
> is that you'll never know who will step up on volunteer, or who is in
> enough pain to stand up and do the work.

As a matter of Foundation culture, we, as a project, as expected to
support what we have out on dist. I'm sitting in a presentation about
security@apache, and that's what got me thinking about this, as a
security issue (like the recent wagon problem) would call for swift
and effective action. It's just not good enough to live in hope that
some volunteer might pop up as needed. If we have no community
prepared to support Maven 1.x, we should retire it. If someone else
wants to support it, they are welcome to do so elsewhere.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message