maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing [Vote] plugins?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:48:34 GMT
I keep a second Maven install dir that has a settings.xml that does
not point to my corporate MRM, but rather directly to the outside
world.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM, James Nord (jnord) <jnord@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question which I am hoping someone can answer.
>
> Rule #1 releases are golden.
> However Apache plugin releases violate that rule[1][2].  If a vote fails the next vote
seems to be for exactly the same version of the plugin

> I sit behind a corporate MRM - and as such we keep every single release we download forever
(as we need to make sure all builds are reproducible).
> Changing this policy to test plugins up for a vote could end up with an un-reproducible
build (if a staged plugin is used).

> Grabbing the plugin and installing to my local maven repo is likely doomed to failure
due to MNG-5181.

> So given that releases are not always golden my question is what do people do in order
to test this with their software in a corporate environment?