maven-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing [Vote] plugins?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 02:37:20 GMT
On 6 February 2013 10:39, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue here is that someone in our community might live in a world
> where an MRM has interposed its body, in the words of  Lytton
> Strachey, between themselves and all external repos. Such people had
> better follow olamy's advice about downloading source and building it
> themselves.

They can still do this, they just need to configure their MRM correctly.

The staging releases should be quarantined on a separate URL.
No developer should be using this particular URL, only the person
delegated to test the staged release.
They should then follow normal practice and delete the quarantined MRM
repository when done.