maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Pain with MNG-5181 (_maven.repositories)
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 23:19:55 GMT
Just so I'm clear do you switch between this settings.xml and no settings.xml, or you just
use this settings.xml all the time?

On Feb 3, 2013, at 5:15 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

> here it is https://gist.github.com/c07256a99d3b2af322eb
>
> @home i remove the settings.xml in general
>
> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
> *Blog: **http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/*<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>
>

> 2013/2/3 Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io>
>
>> Would still be useful if you removed your passwords and sent me both
>> configurations, if this is happening to you with this configuration it's
>> probably happening to others. If I can give it a quick look I can probably
>> tell you why the error is happening or determine if it is, in fact, a bug.
>>
>> On Feb 3, 2013, at 5:04 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> well nothing special in it (host/port/protocol proxies +
>> username/password
>>> servers).
>>>
>>> however i build company projects using enterprise project having as
>>> dependencies tomee, could it generate it?
>>>

>>> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
>>> *Twitter: @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau>*
>>> *Blog: **http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/*<
>> http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>
>>> *LinkedIn: **http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau*
>>> *Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau*

Do
>> you
>> move

>> are
>> remote

>> build
>> in

>> requests

>> we
>> files

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-ResolutionfromLocalRepository

>> changed

>> might

>> bashing

several times

<

>> have a
may be the
>> solution
>> project
>> it
understand and just
m2 (or to switch to
users don't
id (or mirror id)
it is just a
to have.
let people DL
It happened that
rebuild the
>> project
local repo) and it

maven due to this

<jason@tesla.io>

<
>> aheritier@gmail.com

lot the community.
not yet enough.
this control which

but it's only a
manager and without
>> but
seen a huge number
Improve it, sure,
>> but
thing to do.

control is activated to
unavailability of the

to have

Lamy <
>> olamy@apache.org>

local repository using:

with build #368

behavior as a bug.
it easily (and perhaps to
>> have
on CI servers)

have
the issue and not a
>> classical
is in the local repo.

then knowledge gets nowhere.

dev-help@maven.apache.org

we have to keep
>> track
doubts. We tend to
>> forget
and the painful
the end result of a

Condition

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
>> No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
>> They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
>> dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
>> dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
>> goals are in doubt.
>>
>>  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt