maven-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Is there code too...?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:20:09 GMT
pluginManagement suggests a grouping of plugins to be inherited by child modules that inherit
from parent
This can be accomplished by declaring <pluginManagement> area in the parent pom.xml
<packaging>pom</packaging>
so that all child modules which inherit from this parent will auto-execute the executions
suggested from the pluginManagement section of the parent pom
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Plugin_Management
If there are no plugins to execute (an executing plugin such as rebuilding WebSphere Message
Broker) you can accomplish automatic inheritance of these locally installed plugins by declaring
a <dependency-management> hierarchy..the main objective is to pass version and scope
from parent to child modules inheriting from parent
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Dependency_Management

Martin Gainty
I will admit i am Clueless as to what 'biker term' is supposed to mean