maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Cutting a release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 03:43:15 GMT
I have not had a lot of time to work on the class loader isolation but in light of these two
problems:

WAGON-372
WAGON-383

I would say a Wagon release should be cut, and we live without the logging classloader isolation
and get the release out.

I am going to do a full graph analysis on Central to see what Maven plugins actually depend
on SLF4J or an implementation and if it's less than 5% I say we just live with it for now
and revisit if there is a problem.

So in summary go with SLF4J simple, live without classloader isolation and get these critical
SSL problems out in a released version.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt