maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Nexus Staging Maven Plug-in
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:22:19 GMT
You probably want to post on the Nexus list as this plugin already exists.

On Feb 27, 2013, at 11:57 AM, alex.price <alexander.price@tnt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently implementing the "Nexus Staging Maven Plug-in" for many of
> our releases, which aims to place artifacts in the Nexus Staging area in an
> automated "closed" state.
>
> I am currently reading the Sonatype article on the plug-in:
> http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging-sect-deployment.html
>
> I have noticed a paragraph in this article which concerns me slighly, and
> wanted clarification on what the statement means:
>
> /"The implicit matching relies on the setup of repository targets as well as
> the correct order of staging profiles and is therefore an error prone
> approach when many staging profiles are in use.
>
> The preferred way to work in this sceneario is to change the profile
> selection strategy on all staging profiles to explicit only and pass the
> staging profile id to the Nexus Staging Maven Plugin using the
> stagingProfileId configuration parameter as documented above."/
>
> What number of Staging profiles would this be talking about? Would this
> definitely be solved if a stagingProfileId parameter was used? What other
> factors could effect this "error prone approach"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex.
>

> --

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance