maven-dev mailing list archives

From "alex.price" <alexander.pr...@tnt.com>
Subject Nexus Staging Maven Plug-in
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:57:20 GMT
Hi,

I am currently implementing the "Nexus Staging Maven Plug-in" for many of
our releases, which aims to place artifacts in the Nexus Staging area in an
automated "closed" state.

I am currently reading the Sonatype article on the plug-in:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging-sect-deployment.html

I have noticed a paragraph in this article which concerns me slighly, and
wanted clarification on what the statement means:

/"The implicit matching relies on the setup of repository targets as well as
the correct order of staging profiles and is therefore an error prone
approach when many staging profiles are in use.

The preferred way to work in this sceneario is to change the profile
selection strategy on all staging profiles to explicit only and pass the
staging profile id to the Nexus Staging Maven Plugin using the
stagingProfileId configuration parameter as documented above."/

What number of Staging profiles would this be talking about? Would this
definitely be solved if a stagingProfileId parameter was used? What other
factors could effect this "error prone approach"?

Thanks,

Alex.