maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@mosabuam.com>
Subject Re: Nexus Staging Maven Plug-in
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:43:02 GMT
Hi Alex,

I wrote that advice. The reasons is that depending on your package
structure and number of different team needing different staging profiles
I can become hard to maintain all the repository targets and profiles
matching correctly. We have certainly found that to be the case with OSSRH
where there are hundreds of profiles. However it can also be brittle in
smaller setups with dozens of profiles where deployments can then end up
in wrong staging repositories.

Using the explicit matching is definitely the way to go since it is less
work and less error prone.  And it works against the central repo as well.
E.g. look for an example config here

https://github.com/simpligility/progressive-company-super-pom

manfred