maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ASF Parent pom 13 and Maven parent pom 23
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:03:46 GMT
This is the intended behavior.
For instance, if you change a method signature of a class, only this class
would be recompiled in the old situation, causing a false positive:
classes depending on this method should be recompiled as well. For that
reason most users run "mvn clean install", where they should only need to
run "mvn verify", especially in huge multimodule projects.
Compilers are quite fast, so the bit of loss for recompiling everything is
worth the stability.
But the m-compiler-p seems to be a bit too aggressive sometimes, although
more reliable AFAIK.

Robert