maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Github Pull rests
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:17:12 GMT

On 17/01/2013, at 5:04 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com> wrote:

> I opened a jira with legal about this (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156) and yes, we can accept
> pull requests as-is, we do not need patches attached to jira.
>
> I think we should generally require that the commits have a proper name and
> an email address in them, I do not think I would accept a pull  from
> "Mickey Mouse <mickey@disney.com>  or commits with only call-names "joe123 <
> joe123@gmail.com>". I don't really believe we should be accepting those in
> any case ?

Right - normal due diligence still applies, including what Mark said in the ticket above.
Besides, we should be looking to interact with people with a view to engaging them more deeply
in the community beyond their pull request.

I think anyone claiming to be Mickey Mouse on GitHub also violates their terms of service...
:)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter