maven-dev mailing list archives

From Andrius Velykis <andr...@velykis.lt>
Subject Accepting a patch for Maven Doxia (issue 480)
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:12:36 GMT
Dear Maven developers,

I would like to inquire about the procedures necessary to contribute a
patch to Maven codebase.

I have submitted an issue to Maven Doxia (DOXIA-480) with an attached test
case and a patch. It is related to XhtmlBaseParser ignoring XHTML default
entities, such as quotes or other symbols.

I think I have followed all instructions on how to do it, however the issue
has received no response since October. I was wondering whether it has gone
under the radar because of something I missed. If not, how does it normally
go for Maven projects, e.g. when could one expect such patch to be accepted
or issue fixed through some other means?

The issue is quite annoying. When writing Maven site pages using Markdown,
the Markdown plugin converts quotes to corresponding HTML entities.
Unfortunately, when converting to HTML again, Doxia filters them out. So in
the end, the text comes out without any quotes, ellipses or other similar
symbols, which are represented as default HTML entities. The patch
whitelists a number of HTML entities as defined in the standard and fixes
the issue for XHTML and Markdown Doxia modules.

Thank you,
Andrius Velykis