maven-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Graham <chrisgw...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible Regression in maven-compiler-plugin:3.0?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:11:22 GMT
Hey All.

I've been upgrading our old Java 1.4 builds (using m-c-p 2.3.1 to Java 1.6
using 3.0), and I'm wondering if I've run across a regression issue or not.

The project that I was building generates some source (EJB stubs etc) and
it also appears that the devs have also checked that code in as well; but
on a different path.

So I now get a compilation failure due to duplicate classes. Now I know
that this is wrong, and I can fix the issue via a number of ways.

But my question is: Is this the expected/desired behavior?

As, V2.3.1 - 2.5.1 work; they do not complain nor do they fail the build.

V3.0 of the maven-compiler-plugin does fail the build.

Is this a regression, or is this as expected behavior?

-Chris