maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Chemit <che...@codelutin.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ASF Parent pom 13 and Maven parent pom 23
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:45:18 GMT
On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:03:46 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <rfscholte@apache.org> wrote:

> This is the intended behavior.
> For instance, if you change a method signature of a class, only this class
> would be recompiled in the old situation, causing a false positive:
> classes depending on this method should be recompiled as well. For that
> reason most users run "mvn clean install", where they should only need to
> run "mvn verify", especially in huge multimodule projects.
I can understand that, and now things are more clear to me, thanks Robert.

I am waiting then the http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-188 :)

> But the m-compiler-p seems to be a bit too aggressive sometimes, although
> more reliable AFAIK.

Yes and there is still the generation case problem, but I think this will be soon
ok (or already is, Oliver did something on this point if I remember well).

> Robert
>
> Op Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:15:12 +0100 schreef Tony Chemit
> <chemit@codelutin.com>:
>
> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:11:31 +0100
> > Tony Chemit <chemit@codelutin.com> wrote:

> >> each time there is a single modification inside it.

> >> No when a java file was modified in a module, then the whole module is
> >> recompiled. The message is: Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> > I just check doing a touch on a single java file, and the whole module
> > was recompiled :(. But may-be this is the desired behaviour (perso I
> > don't understand why and I don't like this, just really want to avoid
> > recompiling all my classes each time I touch a single one).
> >
> > If it is a defect, told me I will fill something about it.
> >

> > tony

Tony Chemit