maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Chemit <che...@codelutin.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ASF Parent pom 13 and Maven parent pom 23
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:11:31 GMT
On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:46:09 +0100
Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> 2013/1/19 Tony Chemit <chemit@codelutin.com>:
> > On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:17:35 +0100
> > Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > +0.
> >
> > m-compiler-p to 3.0 is it a real good idea ?
> >
> > I tried it, and it did not pleased me to recompile all a module each time there
is a single modification inside it.

> You mean if module B depends on A, change in A -> module B recompiled
> ?

No when a java file was modified in a module, then the whole module is recompiled. The message
is: Changes detected - recompiling the module!

If you have some generation, everything is then also rebuild even if no generated java classes
were changed.

Finally, in Mojo I was told not to upgrade mojo-parent with this...

Once again perhaps I am wrong, if so sorry for the noise.

tony.

--
Tony Chemit