maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r843406 - in /websites/production/maven/content/surefire-archives/surefire-2.13: ./ maven-failsafe-plugin/ maven-failsafe-plugin/css/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/logos/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/profiles/ m...
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 23:45:03 GMT
Le lundi 24 décembre 2012 14:17:02 Brett Porter a écrit :
> I had the same feeling pushing up Continuum's Maven site recently...
>
> On 23/12/2012, at 9:36 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> > 2012/12/22 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@zenior.no>:
> >> Svnsubpub is just ridiculously inefficient and we need to do something
> >> about it...
> >
> > That remember me old time when pushing maven sites to sourceforge tru
> > wagon ftp ... :-)
>
> Is the main problem the file-by-file nature, or something else (such as the
> size)?
I tried to measure and find facts about this: my conclusion is that it is the
file-by-file nature
exactly like webdav
notice that we have really a bunch of generated files: did you realize that
maven-scm site has more files than maven core? that it represents 131 MB, tens
of thousand of files?

IMHO, if we stored zip files of documentations (or tar, the archive format can
be discussed) and httpd could serve their content on the fly like if they were
unzipped, this would be awesome
Apparently, coding an lua script could do the job: just need to find somebody
able to do it :)

any other idea?
Olivier's idea of a service to get zip file then store unzipped content in svn
would be less efficient (storing so much generated files in svn is inefficient
IMHO), but better than actual situation