maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r843406 - in /websites/production/maven/content/surefire-archives/surefire-2.13: ./ maven-failsafe-plugin/ maven-failsafe-plugin/css/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/logos/ maven-failsafe-plugin/images/profiles/ m...
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:14:54 GMT
2012/12/24 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
> I had the same feeling pushing up Continuum's Maven site recently...
>
> On 23/12/2012, at 9:36 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 2012/12/22 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@zenior.no>:
>>> Svnsubpub is just ridiculously inefficient and we need to do something
>>> about it...
>>>
>> That remember me old time when pushing maven sites to sourceforge tru
>> wagon ftp ... :-)
>
> Is the main problem the file-by-file nature, or something else (such as the size)?
size of the commit (especially for first commit of a huge site)

>>> (insert mandatory rant about how this would be a piece of cake with git
>>> here ->.<- )
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to use svn copy to clone some initial structure and
>>> then just synchronize with the generated site ??
>> The issue is we create a new path for each release so we need to add
>> all files. (at least when updating an existing path it's faster).
>
> I wonder if it is time to revisit that decision - since we seem to only link to the main
docs anyway and have been pretty good about annotating "@since" in the docs. In particular,
the javadoc and similar reports like xref and emma tend to take up the largest chunk of the
site deployments, and they have less value over multiple versions for plugins, etc. than they
might for a reusable library.

+1

> If we were to have multiple versions, perhaps the best way to do that is publish to a
canonical location, then svn cp that server-side to the versioned equivalent.

See Topic "svnpubsub and publication of component documentations" on infra@