maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Top navbar on the site with fluido
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:09:59 GMT
Greetings,

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Kristian Rosenvold
<kristian.rosenvold@zenior.no> wrote:
> There was a comment about this in the surefire release (
> (http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/),
> so I figured we might as well get on with this discussion.

I don't disagree with any of what you had to say. I think that the new
fluido skin is quite an improvement. However, I find that users
respond better to both the old left-nav plus the top-nav system that
is optional with the fluido skin.

There's a long history in Maven site chronology where navigation is
found on the left in a boxy area. To move away from that in just one
generation is too much change for users to handle.

-Jesse