maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:10:43 GMT
I haven't looked at concurrency per se, but I see the IT for the event spy in parallel mode
so if that doesn't account for it then it's not something I specifically checked. This is
probably where the simple implementation would likely not be adequate.

If you know off hand the ITs that are concurrency specific I'll look at them to make new ones
that expand on them.

On Dec 9, 2012, at 5:46 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm testing the fix now. BY reading code it would seem like this fix
> does eradicate any options for running parallel invocations with
> embedded instances ?
>
> Kristian
>

> 2012/12/9 Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I sorted out the ITs running in embedded mode and here's what I came up with.
>>
>> I patched SLF4J Simple to work around some static initialization that locked in the
log level and the output stream. So the problem in the ITs is not that the output doesn't
arrive in the individual files for each IT, but that all the output is going into the file
for the first IT. The same sort of problem arises where an IT expects a particular log level
based error. The level is locked in for the suite that's run and can't be changed. The patch
I made I have to talk to Ceki about as it's not terribly efficient but it works[1].

>> I also brought the Logback branch up to date and it passes all the ITs. I think I'm
at the point where it might make more sense to use a Logback as we're getting into non-simple
use cases. I can get Ceki to look at my changes and cut a release if suitablle,  but honestly
at this point I propose we integrate Logback.

>> I will put the branch of the grid tomorrow as I'm not sure what's going on with the
CI builds for the ITs as they all seem to be misbehaving.