maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:17:50 GMT
I agree. I don't believe it's reasonable path to pick an immature library for the core given
the existence of Logback.

Arnaud, I believe you felt the same way?

I honestly gave SLF4J Simple a good run and pushed it with Ceki to make it do more than originally
intended but I don't think it makes sense to push anymore.

If other committers have an opinion let's please get this sorted out.

On Dec 9, 2012, at 5:52 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/12/9 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
>> Perso I'm fine using log4j2.
>> I use the branch I pushed for some weeks now and I'm happy.
>> Log4j2 has quickly added a feature I needed and release it.
>> Furthermore I'm fine working with an Apache community in case of any
>> issue we could have.
>
> I'm not entirely sure I follow where this discussion is actually
> going,  but I'm firmly opposed
> to including a brand new logging framework as default in m3.
>
> Kristian

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition