maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 07:11:06 GMT
trying to be concise and neutral

1. because slf4j-api is well known, it has lots of back-ends, that will
provide powerfull configuration techniques for filtering, display, recording and
so on Maven output: precise use case still need to be described

2. the discussion is not much about the api but about the default back-end
that will be shipped with Maven: there is no consensus, then the actual
strategy is to start with slf4j-simple in Maven 3.1.0 then have a vote to
choose which more complete implementation will go in Maven 3.1.1+

Regards,

Hervé