maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:47:06 GMT
Hi,

If SLF4J Simple is now a viable option again, i.e. the problems reported
with concurrency and embedding has been sorted out, then that is the
obvious choice to me.

On 2012-12-24 15:12, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> I'm going to push this along and I agree with Stephen insofar as if you prefer an implementation
then there should be a branch to support that preference. Thus far I have not seen anything
aside from Stephen's efforts which are a PoC so the choice is between SLF4J Simple, Logback
and Log4J2.

> If we want to put aside the debate, Ceki has figured out a way for use SLF4J Simple by
resetting the streams and logging level. Which I can try if we want to go down that path.
I didn't have to do any work in SLF4J myself so I'm fine with this approach.

--
Dennis Lundberg