maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3.1.0 update
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 21:47:58 GMT
oups fixed for the profile activation.

"better" with: "Tests run: 714, Failures: 34, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0"

The build is configured to build core to $WORKSPACE/apache-maven-3.0-SNAPSHOT
then core its run with -Dmaven.home=$WORKSPACE/apache-maven-3.0-SNAPSHOT

2012/11/24 Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io>:

> On Nov 24, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 2012/11/24 Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io>:
>>> Most things are ready release-wise but I found a rather nasty performance regression.
Seems to be two contributing factors: differing versions of Wagon seem to contribute to a
large slow down and there appears to be some massive classloader leakage which is probably
something I did recently. Running the ITs in embedded mode always reveals these problems and
they show the following.

>> What do you mean exactly with "Running the ITs in embedded " ?
>> Using embedded profile when running core its ? (if yes that runs fine
>> here: https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/)
>>

> It also seems to be running with Maven 3.0.4, so I'm not sure how that wires up to the
version just built and run in embedded mode.

>> ?
>>
>>> 3.0.3
>>> Tests run: 714, Failures: 4, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 342.985 sec
<<< FAILURE!

>>> 3.0.4 with Wagon 2.2
>>> Tests run: 714, Failures: 4, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 371.001 sec
<<< FAILURE!

>>> 3.0.4 with Wagon 2.3
>>> Tests run: 714, Failures: 4, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 472.893 sec
<<< FAILURE!

>>> 3.1.0 with Wagon 2.3
>>> Tests run: 656, Failures: 13, Errors: 233, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 576.268
sec <<< FAILURE!

>>> With trunk everything is tanking with permgen failures so I'm trying to track
this down with Igor. So I would have like to have put 3.1.0 up for vote today but I'm going
to track this down first and try and get the performance back to at least 3.0.3 levels. I'm
also going to put the performance framework Igor developed back up on a machine.