maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Easy update sites for Eclipse with Sonatype Nexus
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:11:15 GMT
You probably want to take this up on the Nexus list.

Today if you manage the creation of the update site or TP you can deploy the zip to Nexus
and it will unpack it into a site repository and then further manipulation will require work.
But you can share update sites and TPs in a primitive way. There are a handful of plugins
that exist for Nexus for generating p2 metadata but, I believe, you want to build and deploy
to Nexus and have Nexus generate the composite along with any additional metadata.

To see how this currently works you'll need to build an install the unpack plugin[1] and if
you want to see how it's used for deploying m2e and all the extras you can take a look at
this pom[2]. Most of the bits and pieces exist to do what you want and I don't think composite
generation would be terribly difficult. I see people trying to implement this over and over
so I encourage you to bring it up on the Nexus because you're not the only one trying to do
this. In fact the Eclipse Foundation is trying to solve this problem as well.

[1]: https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-unpack-plugin
[2]: https://github.com/tesla/tycho-support