maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Maven Shared Utils 0.1
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:51:35 GMT
I have two further objections to this.

1: there are files that do not comply with the requirements for IP
notices: readme.md and findbugs-exclude.xml.

I think that, as a PMC, we should impose more or less the same
standards on first releases of new components that the incubator
imposes on podlings. To pre-empt a remark, there is a policy allowing
for an abbreviated notice for a file like readme.md.

2: There is no index.apt or index.md, just a sentence fragment in the
<description> element of the pom.

I am really, really, tired of trying to debug through code that has
little or no commentary or other documentation. To me, the absolute
minimum is a paragraph or two of explanation at the top of the 'site'
that explains what the component is for and how it fits into the
ecosystem.

So here is my binding -1 vote. You all know the rules, it's not a
veto, just a vote.