maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flipping Maven Core to Git
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:22:29 GMT
I could not resist, I made this repo and it works well: git clone
https://github.com/krosenvold/maven-rc.git

It has reconstructed mergeability between 2.2.1 and 3.X, and the IT's were
added at 2.2.1 and merged up to 3.X. Which means we have a straight merge
based workflow from 2.2.1 and on. Pre 2.2.1 versions are not supported for
this mode of operation.

Note: Older tags (pre. 2.2.0) will have to be reconstructed by hand once we
flip. Also; the pom.xml and the site in this merged repo contain only the
 "core" pom (changes from core-its pom.xml and site will have to be merged
by hand)

Btw: In this repo, you can  checkout trunk (3.X and do "git diff ...2.2.X"
and see what changes have been added to 2.2.X. Note three ...'s)

Kristian