maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release of the dependency plugin 2.6
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:16:15 GMT
I was looking at the issue and don't really understand what's wrong with
what you did.
I think you are facing the *fucking bug/feature* in Maven 3 (from aether)
that rejects some dependencies that are available in the local repository
but not in the remote.
This is because you install manually the artifact in the local repo and
thus ather doesn't want it and we cannot bypass this control.
It may explain why ITs are ok with Maven 2 but not Maven 3 on Jenkins.

Arnaud

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Paul Gier <pgier@redhat.com> wrote:

> Sorry about that, looks like two of them are failing on Jenkins also.
> I'm not sure why I don't see the failures locally, I tested with Maven
> 2.2.1 and 3 and java 5 and 6.  I'll see if I can figure out the cause.
>
> On 10/22/2012 05:25 AM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:
> > FYI, I will need to release also maven-dependency-analyzer
> > I need to check its status
> > Also 3 ITs added by Paul this WE are failing on my laptop. I will study
> if
> > I have an environment issue of if this is a problem in ITs or the code
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Arnaud Héritier <aheritier@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> no problem, you're doing the harder work :-)
> >> I'll launch the release process today.
> >> I hope to not have too many glitches as I didn't do that for a (too)
> long
> >> time..
> >>
> >> Arnaud

> get