maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it a bug? (install plugin deploys poms with variables in artifact.version and parent.version)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:32:50 GMT
On 15 October 2012 15:13, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de <
christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just opened an issue regarding the install plugin (I think that's the
> module responsible).
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5358
>
> The general problem is that I am using variables for defining the versions
> of artifacts, dependencies and parent projects.

STOP!

Property substitution is not supported at the following XPath locations

/project/parent/groupId
/project/parent/artifactId
/project/parent/version
/project/groupId
/project/artifactId
/project/version
/project/packaging

If your issue is that Maven is failing to report
groupIds/artifactIds/versions at these XPath locations containing ${...}
characters as being invalid, then you have a valid bug. Otherwise you are
doing something wrong.

Note we are investigating at some point in the future allowing
/project/parent/version to be optional where the parent is available on
disk at the specified /project/parent/relativePath but that is not a
feature in Maven 3.0.x

-Stephen