maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it a bug? (install plugin deploys poms with variables in artifact.version and parent.version)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:35:57 GMT
Those are edge cases where things unintentionally work, probably falling
out of the way the model is built in memory.

e.g.

/project/version has an effective default value of ${project.parent.version}
/project/groupId has an effective default value of ${project.parent.groupId}

I say "effective" as the actual handling is IIRC a straight copy.

Also if you are using System properties, there may be some unintended
expansion of those in /project/parent

BUT I REPEAT... STOP!

Don't do it.

Many kittens will be killed if you persist in trying to square this circle