maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: SLF4J integration
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:48:43 GMT

On Oct 11, 2012, at 6:43 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> ceki, really, this is perfect example why no container uses commons-logging anymore.
> Do you like to repeat these errors?
>

> I reiterate: there is a workaround by isolating this in ClassWorlds. It is not yet there,
but ff we like to use slf4j then we will need to implement that.

I will agree with Ceki and Stephen that these may happen, and we can fix it in the field if
it does but I believe it will be rare and I don't like fixing problems that aren't really
problems yet. In the very worst case here to prevent problems to tool being integrated can
fork. But really if you want to construct those cases do so and we'll take a look at how we
approach dealing with it. As Ceki said, and we should all defer to his experience with logging,
it's impossible to deal with all scenarios well but that shouldn't stop us from trying to
make logging better for the vast majority of cases.