maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Aether 0.9.0.M1
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 20:33:35 GMT
Doesn't bother me if you use Aether directly.

Even in a component that is ostensibly shared it is but one set of use cases. Everyone was
arguing to shield the base artifact resolution service behind one facade, not the single set
solution that is represented in the tree component. Extending the Maven Artifact API to complete
and using that in the tree component versus using Aether directly. I think using Aether directly
in the tree component is fine too.

On Oct 2, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I don't get it. Having shared/maven-dependency-tree hiding all that stuff will perfectly
allow us to switch to another dependency resolution approach without having to change anything.
Having maven plugins depend on aether directly is what creates tons of problems as those plugins
would not work anymore under a newer maven version.