maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting the maven-plugins-ITs-m* jobs back on track again...
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:57:57 GMT
Op Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:59:28 +0200 schreef Dennis Lundberg
<dennisl@apache.org>:

> Hi all
>
> I'd like to try to get the Jenkins jobs maven-plugins-ITs-m2 and
> maven-plugins-ITs-m3 back on track a gain, but I'm not sure how to.
> Perhaps we can crack it together. Here's a summary of the current
> problems:
>

> maven-plugins-ITs-m2
>
> We only have one plugin failing here, Maven Repository Plugin. There are
> 2 ITs that fail:
> - BundleCreateIT
> - BundlePackIT
>
> Both of the claim [1] [2] that the currently building version of the
> plugin itself (maven-repository-plugin) is not available in any
> repository.
>
> I cannot reproduce this locally on either Widows 7 or Ubuntu. Also I
> cannot reproduce it in a local Jenkins instance running on Windows 7. Is
> there some weird setup in the ASF Jenkins instance that is causing these
> errors?
>

> maven-plugins-ITs-m3
>
> There are 4 failing plugins here, Maven Compiler Plugin, Maven Javadoc
> Plugin, Maven Repository Plugin and Maven Remote Resources Plugin.
>
> Maven Repository Plugin has the same problem [3] [4] as the m2 build.
>
> Maven Compiler Plugin fails because it cannot use a Java 6 feature when
> built using Java 5. This is in an IT [5] for MCOMPILER-120. This builds
> fine for me locally on Windows 7. Can anyone confirm on other platforms?
> Is it not possible to exclude this IT if the build is running on Java 5
> or earlier?

The Plexus JavacCompiler confirms this, as this is the code responsible
for constructing the arguments.
I've adjusted the invoker.properties to run with java 1.6+
And I've added a verify script to confirm that the build fails for the
right reason.