maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scm, Surefire, Wagon migrate to git (please check) [was Plan for git migration]
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:03:33 GMT
2012/9/20 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com>:
> I just checked and there is no general blocking for deleting tags. We
> should definitely push as part of release plugin. Tags ar cheap.
thanks for your test !
and agree on push tags.

> Kristian
>

> 2012/9/20 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
>> 2012/9/20 Mark Derricutt <mark@talios.com>:
>>> Olivier,
>>>
>>> I'm not checked yet ( not thru lazyness, but thru buzyness, and shooting this
email just as I think of it ), in all my local maven/git projects I set in the maven-release-plugin
configuration:

>>> <pushChanges>false</pushChanges>
>>> <localCheckout>true</localCheckout>
>>>
>>> to prevent any upstream/origin pushes during release ( there may not BE an origin/remote
yet ). There was some discussion either on here, or in JIRA ( not sure off hand which ) about
making these options the default for any of the supported distributed version control systems.

>>> Does anyone know if this was done? Should these options be mandated as a standard
practise for maven+git conversion?

>> No release yet.
>> But regarding <pushChanges>false</pushChanges>, I remember we used on
>> jenkins side and everybody missed the manual step (push the tag) when
>> released. So we moved to true.
>> BTW it's something to discuss.
>> Maybe pushing the tag once release vote passed ?
>> I remember some discussions on ASF infra for blocking of tag deletion
>> (I don't know if this has been applied on the final infra) because we
>> sometimes delete tags if the release vote fail.
>> I can test creating a fake tag and try delete it :-)
>>

>>> Mark

(in 24H)