maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git as the canonical SCM
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:50:07 GMT
it is possible to have them all in one git repo and still release
separately, we do it in a toolchain repository in jetty and use maven
release plugin for it as well

so its not _required_ that you split it all up by choosing git

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> just take as example that you like to checkout all maven core plugins in one go because
you like to do some refactoring/checks/upgrade.

> I see. So the fact that we have a single trunk in svn for all the
> plugins is the thing that isn't convenient in git.
>
>> That would require you to go into each plugin project and get the stuff from there.
And where would you put the aggregator pom for CI and development builds?