maven-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: the simplest possible maven plugin, sort of
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:22:12 GMT
Our experience in geronimo has always been that maven does not support this, and I thought
for maven 3 it was announced that it never ever would.

We have a proflie to build up through the plugin, then you can do the full build.

Releasing is a pain as you have to do the manual profile build with the release-version code
to get the plugin available in the local maven repo before running the actual release.

If I'm wrong for any version of maven I'd love to know how :-)

thanks
david jencks

On Sep 10, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Interesting…  I wonder how I've managed to do CXF releases for all these years then.
 :-)

> Seriously, for CXF <=2.5.x, I use Maven 2.2.1 and it "just works".   Parts of the
build certainly do use the plugins that are built as part of the reactor.

> That said, we use "install" as the default target and not test or anything.   I'm fairly
certain it wouldn't work if we didn't use install as the target, but I'm not sure if that
would work with 3.x either.

> The "clean" target doesn't work if the plugin is part of the reactor and not in .m2/repository.
  I'll give you that.