maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release of Maven Indexer 5.0
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:55:47 GMT
On 18 Sep 2012, at 00:42, Chris Graham wrote:

> If the vote has been held and passed, can you withdraw it? I didn't think
> that you could.

FWIW, from http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html:

   "Generally the community will cancel the release vote if anyone identifies serious problems,
but in most cases the ultimate decision, lies with the individual serving as release manager."

This suggests whoever is serving as release manager can decide to cancel and re-spin a given
release ( it also says "The specifics of the process may vary from project to project"...
)