maven-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to find out if a dependency is a Maven plugin?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:49:23 GMT
Hi,

Am 27.09.2012 18:42, schrieb Jörg Schaible:
> In M3 the plugins are no longer shared within the reactor i.e. each plugin
> is using its own classloader and can therefore have any arbitrary
> dependency. So if your plugin depends on another plugin, there should be no
> difference to any other dependency. However, I never tried this in M3 and I
> have therefore no idea how the plugin-plugin will actually react when you
> build yours.
So this still leaves the question, how does one find out the real "type"
of a dependency (aka is this dependency a maven-plugin).

Regarding the real problem we found a simpler solution. We intended to
extend the maven-jaxb2-plugin and found that they themself use Mojo
inheritance across different plugins. They do so, by not using xdoclet
annotations for the parameters but real annotations and the
maven-plugin-tools-anno [0]

With the same approach we were able to extend our Mojos as well, so for
M3 this seems to be a workable solutions.

For M2, we might have to think about it - but probably (as this is only
used in a very controlled environment) we can live with the restriction
to only ever reference one version of any given plugin, thus eliminating
the risk of incompatible versions being referenced in different places.

Thx all for the help and clarifications!
Greetings
-Sascha-

[0]http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/OSS/Maven+Anno+Mojo