maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Scm, Surefire, Wagon migrate to git (please check) [was Plan for git migration]
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:15:47 GMT
Hi folks!

The problem is the rollback.
In DeltaSpike we do _not_ push now. deleting a tag on one repo is not a problem, but you would
crash all downstream clones as re-trying a release is basically a history rewrite.

In DeltaSpike I do the release locally and push the tag + release branch to my github clone
(or any other public repo you like).
After the VOTE passes I merge it to master and push it to the ASF canonical repo.

Not perfect neither, but worked far better than history rewrites at least ;)

LieGrue,
strub