maven-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Beach <Chris.Be...@aspectcapital.com>
Subject In Maven how can I recursively build -SNAPSHOT dependencies present in the filesystem but outside the reactor?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:49:24 GMT
I have two projects as follows, in neighbouring directories on the filesystem:
*         project_a (-SNAPSHOT)
*         project_b (-SNAPSHOT, depends on project_a)

I'd like to build project_b and for Maven to discover that project_a exists on the filesystem
and thus build it rather than look in the local repo for its artifact.
I could build these within an aggregator and use the reactor to select project_b i.e.
mvn --projects project_b [goal]

However, this is problematic because
*         this two-project example is a simplification of my real build, which consists of
dozens of projects, and I don't want to have to maintain an aggregator project that lists
all of them.
*         I only want to recursively build -SNAPSHOT dependencies

Is there a neat way I could get Maven to perform a recursive build that looks on the filesystem
to find -SNAPSHOT dependency projects and builds them?
I'm familiar with Maven plugin development, but haven't yet found any clues toward a solution
in the Maven / Aether documentation.

This email and any attachments contain CONFIDENTIAL information which may be legally privileged.
If this
communication constitutes a financial promotion, it is directed only at persons who are professional
clients or
eligible counterparties (as defined under the FSA rules).  The information, which is provided
on a non-reliance
basis, may be subject to verification or amendment.  No representation or warranty is made
as to its accuracy or
completeness. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this email is neither an offer to sell nor
a solicitation of any
offer to buy an interest in any fund or other investment vehicle sponsored or managed by Aspect
Capital Limited
(Aspect Funds). Any such offer or solicitation would be made only by way of the final offering
documents of such
Aspect Fund (which should be considered carefully before any investment decision is made)
and only in such
jurisdictions where, and to such persons to whom, it would be lawful to do so. Past performance
is not necessarily
indicative of future returns. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
free.  Subject to
applicable law, Aspect (or its service providers) may intercept, monitor, review and retain
e-communications
travelling through its networks/systems. By messaging with Aspect you consent to the foregoing.
 Aspect Capital
Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a company registered
in England and Wales
under registered no. 3491169. Its registered office is at Nations House, 103 Wigmore Street,
London W1U 1QS. ASPECT,
ASPECT CAPITAL, the ASPECT CAPITAL device and ASPECT CAPITAL:THE SCIENCE OF INVESTMENT are
registered trademarks of
Aspect Capital Limited. © Aspect Capital Limited 2012. All rights reserved. For more information,
go to www.aspectcapital.com.