maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Plugin Tools - renaming "expression"
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 07:23:26 GMT

On 24/05/2012, at 3:05 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Hi Barrie,
>
> I was ignorant too and found reading javadoc for javax.inject fast and very
> useful [1]
> In summary, standard contains:
> - 3 concepts: @Inject, @Qualifier and @Scope
> - 2 basic use case: @Named as classical Qualifier and @Singleton as classical
> Scope
> I still didn't investigate Provider<T>

Provider just allows you to specify something that will get you a T, rather than injecting
a T. It's the sort of thing that will apply to the Map/List types.

> But anything more specific that these needs extension: we're in that case
>
> Please have a look at [2], with proposed Improvements and comment

Agree - but I'd still like to avoid typing both in the 90% of cases where the plugin tools
can figure it out for you.

I'll see if I can put together an example that covers all the different types...

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org