maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: scm:add functionality
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 02:37:05 GMT
share doesn't sound like the same thing as add, as it creates new workspaces.

It seems like "add" is a no-op for Jazz, and checkin is the operation for commit - the trick
is how you exclude things you didn't intend to add as it seems checkin will check everything

My only other thought is that you might simulate the behaviour - if maven-scm's add keeps
track of the files to add and commit then runs checkin with just those files. But that might
become a bit risky for doing the wrong thing (or at least something a Jazz user won't really

- Brett

On 20/02/2012, at 12:53 PM, Chris Graham wrote:

> Hi All.
> I've got a question about the scm:add functionality.
> I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the required
> functionality.
> The scm:add command, just places a file under source control but does not
> check it in. Ie, svn add.
> However, under jazz SCM/RTC, I have two scm commands that I can use.
> scm share
> or
> scm checkin
> The scm share command is the same as 'svn add', but it only takes
> directories (and recursively at that!)!
> The scm checkin can take individual files, but checks them into the remote
> repository workspace. But it does not deliver.
> Which evil do I choose?
> I'm thinking that the checkin option is probably the perferred option, but
> I'd love to hear what others have to say.
> -Chris

Brett Porter

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: